- History of Tibet and India in the 19th and 20th century
- History of Buddhism in the 19th to 21st century
- Global History, Entangled History
- History of Migration
- History of Emotions
- Environmental History, Posthumanism
- Historical Semantics, Philology
Reassembling the Feeling Community. Space, Time, and Morality in the Tibetan Diaspora in India, c. 1959-1979 (completed 2020)
Environment and Emotions. Human-Environment Relations between Colonial Scholarship and South Asian Buddhist Reformers in Colonial South Asia
- Ph.D. Global History, 2020, Freie University Berlin
- M.A. Global History, 2016, Freie University Berlin
- Mag. phil. Tibetan and Buddhist Studies, 2013, University of Vienna
- "Resistance and Suffering: Shared Emotions in the Early Tibetan Diaspora in India." Copenhagen Journal of Asian Studies 40/2 (2022): 28-54. https://doi.org/10.22439/cjas.v40i2.6746
- with Erica Baffelli. "Communities of Absence: Emotions and Time in the Creation of Belonging." Nvmen 68/5-6 (2021): 436-62. https://doi.org/10.1163/15685276-12341635
- with Erica Baffelli, Jane Caple, and Levi McLaughlin. "The Aesthetics and Emotions of Religious Belonging: Examples from the Buddhist World." Nvmen 68/5-6 (2021): 421-35. https://doi.org/10.1163/15685276-12341634
- with Erica Baffelli. "Spatio-temporal translations: Practices of in-timacy under absence." TRIPLE SPECIAL ISSUE: COVID-19 and the Transformation of Intimacy. Anthropology in Action: Journal of Applied Anthropology in Policy & Practice 28/1 (2021): 57-62. https://doi.org/10.3167/aia.2021.280111
- "Of Testimonios and Feeling Communities: Totaram Sanadhya's Account of Indenture." Südasien-Chronik - South Asia Chronicle 6 (2016): 149-74. https://doi.org/10.18452/8519
- "Decolonizing Anthropocene Origins: Empire, Environment, and the 'Invention of Nature'" (MA Global History, Freie University Berlin, winter term 2022/23)
- "Migration and Diaspora in Global History: Perspectives and Inter-sections" (MA Global History, Freie University Berlin, winter term 2020/21)
- "Approaching (Global) History as a Discipline" (MA Global History, Freie University Berlin, winter term 2020/21, with Luc Wodzicki)
- "Modernity, Alternative Modernities, Global Modernity" (MA Global History, Freie Universität Berlin, summer term 2017, with Margrit Pernau & Luc Wodzicki)
Conferences / Workshops
14-15 July 2022: Buddhis in the Anthropocene, Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology Halle, Germany
"Affective Entanglements: Human-Nonhuman Relations in Buddhist Ecologies of Feeling"
6 October 2021: 53. Deutscher Historikertag 2021, Munich, Germany
"Academia and travelling: Sustainable internationalization strategies" (Roundtable Discussion)
26-29 July 2021: 26th European Conference on South Asian Studies, ECSAS 2020, Vienna, Austria
"Emotions In Exile: Insights Of A History Of Emotions Of The Tibetan Diaspora In India"
29-30 July 2020: 26th European Conference on South Asian Studies, ECSAS 2020, Vienna, Austria
"Re-assembling the Feeling Community: Insights of a History of Emotions into the early History of the Tibetan Diaspora" [cancelled due to COVID-19]
4-8 May 2020: The Aesthetics of Religious Belonging: Asian Perspectives, University of Naples "L'Orientale", Italy [cancelled due to COVID-19]
16-21 February 2020: Winter School Global History - Challenges and Opportunities, New Delhi, India (Heidelberg Centre of Transcultural Studies, India Branch Office of the Max Weber Stiftung, German Historical Institute London)
25-28 July 2019: The Aesthetics of Religious Belonging: Asian Perspectives, University of Manchester / Cliff College, UK
7-13 July 2019: International Association for Tibetan Studies: 15th Seminar, Paris, France
"Re-assembling the Feeling Community: Insights of a History of Emotions into the early History of the Tibetan Diaspora"
10 May 2019: Spiritualität und Tourismus in Barnim und der Uckermark, Kloster Chorin, Germany
"'Treffen sich Homo Oeconomicus und Homo Sensibilis …' Emotionale Praktiken und Gefühlsgemeinschaften aus Sicht der Gefühlsgeschichte"
20-21 March 2019: Representations of Migration and Emotions of Exclusion, Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Berlin, Germany
"Suffering Exclusion Willingly? Practices of Voluntary Exclusion in the Tibetan Diaspora"
14-16 February 2019: Gewalt und Religion, Arbeitskreis Geschichte-Gesellschaft-Gewalt, Gut Siggen, Germany
25-28 September 2018: 21st International Conference on the History of Concepts: Interdisciplinarity: Conceptual Explorations, University of Málaga, Spain
"Temporalising Exile: The Trans-Temporal Semantics of Concepts in the Tibetan Diasporic Community"
26 June 2018: The Aesthetics of Religious Belonging: Asian Perspectives, University of Copenhagen, Denmark