- Atmosphere and Affect Theory
- Anti-capitalist Movements
- Crowds and Protest
- Music in Sport
- Sound Studies
PhD in Ethnomusicology, University of California - Santa Barbara (2019)
M.A. in Ethnomusicology, Tufts University (2013)
B.A. in Music, Union College (2010)
- 2022. "What's the Crowd Got to Do with It? On Fandom and Antifascist Action at Eis Hockey Club Dynamo Berlin." TDR The Drama Review 66(3): 133-148.
- 2022. "The Art of Making a Scene." Resonance: The Journal of Sound and Culture 3(2): 125-144.
- 2021. "The Crowd in Flux: Atmosphere and the Governance of Public Affects at FC Union Berlin." Ethnomusicology 65(3): 498-518.
- 2021. "You Call This Democracy? FC Saint Pauli Supporters, Football Chants, and the Police." Football and Popular Culture: Singing Out from the Stands. Eds. Stephen Millar, Martin Power, Paul Widdop, and Daniel Parnell. London: Routledge Press.