- Labour history
- Urban history
- Family, kinship and intimacy
Love and Labour in the City: Romantic Love and Delhi’s Workers , c. 1950s to the present
- Fellow at Re:Work, Humboldt University, Berlin (2017)
- Postdoctoral Fellow at the International Centre for Advanced Studies, New Delhi (2016)
- PhD in History, Centre for Modern Indian Studies, University of Göttingen (2016)
- Mphil in Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University (2010)
- M.A. in Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University (2004)
- B.A. in Sociology, Delhi University (2002)
- The Textile Labour Association and Dadagiri: Power and politics in the working-class neighbourhoods of Ahmedabad', International Labor and Working Class History, 87 (2015): 67-91.
- 'Legacies of Housing in Ahmedabad's Industrial East: The chawl and the slum' in Felicitas Hentschke and James Williams (eds.) To be at Home: House, Work and Self in the Modern World (2019).
- 'Matters of the Heart: Romance, courtship and conjugality in contemporary Delhi', International Labor and Working Class History (forthcoming).