- Feminist Theory
- Critical Phenomenology Studies
- Gender in the Global South
- Critical Race Theory
- Embodiment and Emotions
- Shame & Embarrasment
- Violence and Hostility towards Women
Autoethnography and Autofiction
ProjectNew Woman and Moral Politics: A Herstory of Women’s Feelings and Agency in Turkey.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, Ph.D. Sociology, 2013
- Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, The Ataturk Institute for Modern Turkish History, M.A. 2004
- Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Department of Philosophy, B.S. 2002
- Sarioglu, E. (2021). Faces of Shame in Contemporary Turkey: Women Feeling the Hierarchies of Class and Gender at Work. L'Homme. Europäische Zeitschrift für Feministische Geschichtswissenschaft, Special Issue Fluid Feelings. (in print)
- Sarioglu, E. (2021). Misogynist Body Politics under the AKP Rule in Contemporary Turkey. In Dayi, Ayse, Hilal Alkan, Sezin Topcu and Betul Yarar eds., The Politics of the Female Body in Contemporary Turkey: Reproduction, Maternity, Sexuality. Bloomsbury. (Book Chapter)
- Sarioglu, E. (2021) Gender Inequality and Emotions: Hostility against Women in Contemporary Turkey. In Weber, Ulla ed. Fundamental Questions: Gender Dimensions in Max Planck Research Projects. Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG. (Book Chapter)
- Sarioglu, E. (2018). The aesthetics of minor intimacy: precarious attachments and queer feelings in the autobiographical fiction of JM Coetzee. Safundi: The Journal of South African and American Studies 19(4), 461-481.
- Sarioglu, E. (2018). From sister to co-worker: new patterns of feminization of labor in Turkey. In English, Beth, Mary E. Frederickson, and Olga Sanmiguel-Valderrama, eds. Global Women's Work: Perspectives on Gender and Work in the Global Economy. Routledge. (Book Chapter)
- Sarioglu, E. (2018). Vigilante Violence against Women in Turkey: A Sociological Analysis. Kadin/Woman 2000, 19(2): 51-68.
- Sarioglu, E. (2016). New Imaginaries of Gender in Turkey’s Service Economy: Women Workers and Identity Making on the Sales Floor. Women's Studies International Forum 54, 39-47.
- Sarioglu E. (2013). Gendering the Organization of Home-Based Work in Turkey: Classical versus Familial Patriarchy. Gender, Work & Organization 20, no. 5, 479-497.