Rioux, CamillePostdoctoral Fellow
I am interested in food cognition and food behaviours. In particular my research investigates how infants and young children learn what is edible and what is not, both individually and with the help of others. My research encompasses a broad range of theoretical perspectives, and I use methods from developmental psychology to evolutionary psychology to examine these questions in early childhood and infancy.
- 2018 - current: Postdoctoral Researcher at the Max Planck Research Group Naturalistic Social Cognition, Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Germany
- 2014- 2017: Predoctoral Researcher at the Institute Paul Bocuse, Lyon, France / University Aix-Marseille, France
- 2014 - 2017: Lecturer, University Lyon 1 & Lyon 2, France
- 2015 - 2016: Lecturer, University of Aix-Marseille, France
- 2013 - 2014: Consulting for the ANCA chair (Alimentation, Nutrition, Comportement Alimentaire [Nutrition & Food behavior]), France.
- Rioux, C. (2019). Food neophobia in childhood. In H. L. Meiselman (Ed). Handbook of Eating and Drinking: Interdisciplinary Perspectives. Springer Press.
- Rioux, C., Picard, D., Lafraire, J., & Blisset, J. (2019). Food rejection in young children: Validation of the Children Food Rejection Scale in English and cross-cultural examination in the UK and France. Food Quality and Preference, 73, 19-24.
- Rioux, C., Lafraire, J., & Picard, D. (2018). Visual exposure and categorization performance positively influence 3- to 6-year-old children’s willingness to taste unfamiliar vegetables. Appetite, 120, 32-42.
- Rioux, C., Leglaye, L., & Lafraire, J. (2018). Inductive reasoning, food neophobia, and domain- specificity in preschoolers. Cognitive Development, 47, 124-132.
- Rioux, C., Lafraire, J., & Picard, D. (2017b). Food rejection and the development of food induction in young children. Journal of Cognitive Psychology, 30(1), 5-17.
- Rioux, C., Lafraire, J., & Picard, D. (2017a). The Child Food Rejection Scale: Development and validation of a new scale to assess food neophobia and pickiness among 2- to 7-year-old French children. Revue Européenne de Psychologie Appliquée/European Review of Applied Psychology, 67(2), 67–77.
- Rioux, C., Picard, D., & Lafraire, J. (2016). Food rejection and the development of food categorization in young children. Cognitive Development, 40, 163-177.
- Lafraire, J., Rioux, C., Roque, J., Giboreau, A., & Picard, D. (2016). Rapid categorization of food and non-food items by 3- to 4-year-old children. Food Quality and Preference, 49, 87-91.
- Lafraire, J., Rioux, C., Giboreau, A., & Picard, D. (2016). Food rejections in children: Cognitive and social/environmental factors involved in food neophobia and picky/fussy eating behavior. Appetite, 96, 347-357.
Postdoctoral Grant, Humboldt foundation, 2017