Job Offer from November 13, 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin, a scientific institute of international orientation, seeks applicants for Student Research Assistant (f/m/d) | Center for Adaptive Rationality (40-80 hrs./month)
The position lasts for 6 months minimum and will be prolonged given mutual interest. The anticipated start date is February 1st 2024 or later. The remuneration without a Bachelor's degree is 12,33 €/h, in the Master's degree 14,33€/h.
Highly motivated, reliable, and responsible student of psychology, cognitive science, or a related subject (all semesters)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Highly organized and independent
- Flexibility in task management and ability to handle varied responsibilities
- Interest in decision-making and adaptive rationality
- Motivation to acquire skills and experience in the Center’s research areas
- German proficiency
- Coding knowledge (R, Python)
- Familiarity with version control systems (GitHub/GitLab)
Tasks can be extremely varied, including (but not limited to):
- Conducting literature reviews
- Coding quantitative and qualitative data
- Proofing and formatting scientific materials (experiments, research papers, etc.)
- Assisting in data collection (EEG, eye-tracking, etc.)
- Piloting studies
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an international and interdisciplinary team focused on empowering people to make good decisions in a complex and changing world
- Opportunity to gain a wide range of experiences and skills in a dynamic research environment
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Please send your application electronically to Lou M. Haux (email@example.com) using the subject line “Application Student RA ARC”. Your application should include the following documents in a single PDF document: (a) a short motivation letter, (b) CV without a photo, and (c) relevant school/university certificates and references. Applications are considered until the position is filled.