Job Code: 08/2023
Job Offer from March 15, 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Human Development, an internationally oriented scientific institute, is seeking to fill the following administrative position as soon as possible: Salary Accountant in Personnel Unit (m/f/d) (39 hours per week).
The position is initially limited to 2 years, with the option of being offered a permanent position at a later date, and is generally suitable for part-time work.
Tasks include, in particular:
- the conscientious preparation, implementation, control, verification, coordination, and follow-up of salary accounting, including the responsible processing of all related personnel matters, in particular for permanent employees, trainees, third-party funded employees, junior scientists, student assistants, and visiting scientists;
- responsibility for administrative personnel matters from the time employees join the Institute to the time they leave, including all individual personnel matters relating to labor law and collective bargaining agreements, such as changes in working hours, part-time employment, maternity and parental leave, retirement, absences, bonuses, salary conversions, claims, etc., as well as the preparation of employment contracts and amendments to these contracts, personnel file management, and the necessary coordination work;
- responsibility for determining the obligation to be insured in the social insurance system and the supplementary pension scheme as well as the preparation of the necessary notifications including the management of correspondence;
- the publication of internal and external job advertisements / publishing internal and external job advertisements;
- personnel processing in SAP/PVS;
- advice on issues relating to income tax; social security, pensions and benefits law; or on collective bargaining and labor law issues; and
- creating statistics.
In addition to receiving enjoyment in dealing with people, having team skills, organizational skills, as well as independence and perseverance even with a high workload, you should have:
- a completed qualification for the administrative sector or alternatively a corresponding commercial vocational training or a comparable qualification;
- in-depth expertise in the areas of labor and collective bargaining law, tax and social security law, and supplementary pension law;
- ideally several years of professional experience in the field of salary accounting and human resources management;
- experienced handling of the common MS Office software and knowledge of SAP software; and
- good English language skills, both written and spoken.
Depending on your qualifications and experience, you will be paid up to the pay group 9a TVöD Bund (federal government collective agreement for civil service employees). In addition, we offer you a varied and challenging employment in a committed and open-minded team, flexible and mobile working hours, as well as extensive social benefits in accordance with the regulations of the civil service employment.
In addition, you will benefit from:
- very good public transportation connections (near subway station Breitenbachplatz),
- a jobticket,
- kindergarten cooperation and the Institute’s own allocations,
- a parent-child room,
- the Institute’s cafeteria,
- extensive further training and career opportunities,
- annual special payment according to TVöD,
- 30 vacation days and, in addition, the 24th and 31st of December,
- state-of-the-art IT equipment and workstations,
- flexible working hours, and
- mobile working “home office” (after agreement).
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity and we welcome applications from any background. The Max Planck Society has also set itself the goal of employing more severely disabled people, hence, applications from severely disabled people are explicitly encouraged.
Please send your complete application documents in one PDF file, but without a photo, by March 30, 2023, by e-mail to email@example.com or to the Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Attn: Dr. Jennifer Apel, Lentzeallee 94, 14195 Berlin .
Here you will find the data protection declaration for the processing of personal data within the scope of your application.