Job Offer from October 07, 2022
The Center for Adaptive Rationality directed by Ralph Hertwig at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development (Berlin) is seeking applicants for a position as Student Research Assistant to assist the ongoing research in all phases of the scientific process. Research assistants are usually employed on a basis of 41-80h a month. The position lasts for 6 months minimum and will be prolonged given mutual interest. The anticipated start date is February 1st 2023 or later. The remuneration without a Bachelor's degree is 12,00€/h – in the Master's degree 13,95€/h.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program at a German university (computer science, cognitive science, psychology or related field).
- High in flexibility and commitment.
- Good level of English. German is a plus.
- Very high achievement level.
- High interest in participating in research on human-machine interaction and collective intelligence.
Desired qualifications (not all are necessary to apply)
- Familiar with databases (e.g., NoSQL, SQL, GraphQL).
- Familiar with machine learning and natural language processing techniques.
- Familiar with knowledge representations.
- Familiar with implementing basic algorithms.
- Familiar with basic DevOps tools and platforms (git, docker, AWS, etc.).
What we offer
The Center for Adaptive Rationality is investigating various aspects of judgment and decision-making. We offer you the chance to participate in an international and interdisciplinary research team. Research assistants will be involved in research using behavioral and computational methods to study the dynamics of individual and collective problem solving.
How to apply
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The Max Planck Society is further committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Please send your application electronically to Ezequiel Lopez Lopez (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject line “Application Student RA ARC”. Your application should include the following documents in a single PDF document: (a) a short motivation letter, (b) CV without a photo, and (c) relevant school/university certificates and references. Applications are considered until the position is filled.