Job Offer from May 13, 2022
The Center for Humans and Machines at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin seeks applicants for a Student Research Assistant – Human-AI Interaction – Development Online Experiments, 60-80 hours/month.
The Center for Humans and Machines (CHM) conducts interdisciplinary science to understand, anticipate, and shape major disruptions from digital media and Artificial Intelligence to the way we think, learn, work, play, cooperate and govern. Our goal is to understand how machines are shaping human society today and how they may continue to shape it in the future. The Center is comprised of an interdisciplinary, international and diverse group of scholars, and a science support team.
- Customizing existing experimental frameworks utilized in the lab
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Using statistical methods and regressions to identify and quantify treatment effects
- Generating scientific visualizations from data
- Identify, categorize, and summarize relevant literature
- Discuss and present your own work to a team of researcher
- Enrolled in a Master's program at a German university in the fields of social science, natural sciences, computer science, or related at a German university
- Experience in Web development (HTML, CSS, ideally JS)
- Experience in conducting controlled experiments is a plus
- Experience with the react library is a plus
- Experience with statistical methods and data visualization (R or python) is a plus
- Good English skills
- Independent and careful work
- Interest in behavior studies on human-AI interaction
What We Offer
- An interesting and varied position at an international research institute at the forefront of AI and Human interactions research
- Insights into the research of the internationally renowned Center for Humans and Machines
- Comprehensive onboarding and time to learn new skills
- Personal supervision by researchers in the lab
- Involvement in scientific work related to artificial intelligence and ethics, and human-machine interaction
- Gain experience in empirical work using online experiments
- Room to contribute and realize your ideas
- Possibility to work remotely (e.g., from home office)
- Work in a highly motivated team
- A modern, family-friendly workplace with a great work-life balance culture
- The position is limited to one year with the possibility of extension
- Salary: 13,95€ / hour
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Please send your application, including a motivation letter and CV without a photo, as one single PDF-document and the subject line "webdev" by June 1st, 2022 to email@example.com
Here you will find the data protection declaration for the processing of personal data within the scope of your application.