Job Offer from May 13, 2022
The Center for Humans and Machines at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin seeks applicants for a Student Research Assistant, 80 hours/month.
The Center for Humans and Machines (CHM) conducts interdisciplinary science to understand, anticipate, and shape major disruptions from digital media and Artificial Intelligence to the way we think, learn, work, play, cooperate and govern. Our goal is to understand how machines are shaping human society today and how they may continue to shape it in the future. The Center is comprised of an interdisciplinary, international, and diverse group of scholars and a science support team. To complement this team, we are looking for a motivated Student Research Assistant.
- Assisting in a project focused on analyzing content from one of the most popular online video-focused social networking services.
- Online data collection from websites using web scraping/crawling methods.
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining Python code for data collection and analysis.
- Assisting researchers in different scientific themes at the CHM.
- A bachelor's degree from a university or another institution of higher education or an equivalent degree, preferably in computer science, data science, mathematics, physics or statistics. Enrolled in a Master's program at a German university in the fields of social science, natural sciences, computer science, or related.
- High proficiency in Python with a special focus on Data Analysis (pandas, sklearn, matplotlib) and its application to web-based services (selenium, beautifulsoup, flask, twilio).
- Familiarity with Git, and the ability to read and adjust existing Python projects for a given purpose.
- A strong interest in working in a scientific environment. Independent working style, with high self-motivation and self-organization.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and willingness to work in an international and interdisciplinary team.
What We Offer
- An interesting and varied position at an international research institute at the forefront of AI and Human interactions research.
- Insights into the research of the internationally renowned Center for Humans and Machines. Involvement in scientific work related to artificial intelligence and ethics, and human-machine interaction.
- Room to contribute and realize your ideas. Results from this project can be a part of your Master's thesis.
- Possibility to work remotely (e.g., from home office)
- A modern, family-friendly workplace with a great work-life balance culture.
- The position is limited to one year with the possibility of extension.
- Salary: 13,95€ / hour
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Please send your application, including a motivation letter and CV without a photo, as one single PDF-document with the subject line "video social net" by June 1st, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here you will find the data protection declaration for the processing of personal data within the scope of your application.