Job Offer from November 04, 2021
The Center for Humans and Machines at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin seeks applicants for a Student Research Assistant (60-80 hours / month).
The Center for Humans and Machines (CHM) conducts interdisciplinary science to understand, anticipate, and shape major disruptions from digital media and Artificial Intelligence to the way we think, learn, work, play, cooperate and govern. Our goal is to understand how machines are shaping human society today and how they may continue to shape it in the future. The Center is comprised of an interdisciplinary, international and diverse group of scholars, and a science support team. To complement this team, we are looking for a motivated Student Research Assistant.
- Supporting the preparation, cleaning, and analysis of data collected in online experiments
- Using statistical methods, regressions and causal inference to identify and quantify treatment effects
- Generating scientific content from data (tables and figures)
- Using machine learning to analyze human-written texts
- Conducting online research on science-related topics
- Identify, categorize, and summarize relevant literature
- Discuss and present own work in a team of researchers
- Master degree in the fields of economics, natural sciences, computer science, or related
- Experience in data analysis and statistical inference
- Programming skills in Stata, Python or R
- Experience in Textual Analysis/Natural Language Processing or Deep Learning
- Experience with scientific directories of publications (e.g., Google Scholar) is an advantage
- Knowledge in creating meaningful tables and figures is an advantage
- Independent and careful work
- High motivation and ability to work in a team
- Interest in empirical and experimental studies on human behavior and human-machine interactions and creating scientific content
What We Offer
- Insights into the research of the internationally renowned Center for Humans and Machines
- Involvement in scientific work related to artificial intelligence and ethics, and human-machine interaction
- Gain experience in handling experimental, structured and unstructured data
- Room to contribute and realize your ideas
- Possibility to work remotely (e.g., from home office)
- Salary: 13,95€ / hour
In case of inquiries, please contact Alicia von Schenk, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
The position is limited to 6 months.
Please send your application including a motivation letter and CV without a photo as one single PDF-document to email@example.com
Here you will find the data protection declaration for the processing of personal data within the scope of your application.