Job Offer from September 22, 2021
The Center for Humans and Machines at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin seeks applicants for a Student Assistant, 60-80 hours / month, for the office for scientific support.
The Center for Humans & Machines (CHM) conducts interdisciplinary science to understand, anticipate, and shape major disruptions from digital media and Artificial Intelligence to the way we think, learn, work, play, cooperate and govern. Our goal is to understand how machines are shaping human society today and how they may continue to shape it in the future. The Center is comprised of an interdisciplinary, international and diverse group of scholars, and a science support team. To complement this team, we are looking for a motivated Student Assistant.
- Conducting online research on science-related topics (e.g., grant programs, conferences, etc.)
- Documenting information in the content management system, preparing presentations
- Participating in (online) meetings, taking minutes, and maintaining digital boards
- Supporting the conception of digital media formats for science communication: creation of content (text, image, clips) for social media and assistance in maintaining various channels (Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Supporting the maintenance of the CHM website
- Supporting the event organization (in presence, hybrid and online)
- Relevant university degree (at least four semesters) in the fields of media or communication sciences, communication design, digital media, or similar
- Experienced with social media
- Experience with graphics and image editing programs
- Initial experience with video or podcast production is an advantage
- Confident command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Enjoy communicating scientific content
- High motivation, strong communication skills, ability to work in a team
- Independent and careful work
What We Offer
- Insights into the work of the internationally renowned Center for Humans and Machines
- Involvement in the communication of topics related to artificial intelligence and ethics
- Room to contribute and realize your ideas
- Possibility to work remotely (e.g., from home office)
- Salary: Bachelor 12 € / hour; Master 13,95 € / hour
In case of inquiries, please contact Yvonne Bialek, Scientific Research Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Please send your application including a motivation letter and CV without a photo as one single PDF-document to email@example.com
Here you will find the data protection declaration for the processing of personal data within the scope of your application.